Views
Helpful
Replies

Monitoring EIGRP neighbors using SNMP

vincent-n
Level 3
Level 3

Hi all

I'm using WhatsUp Gold latest version to monitor some Cisco devices on my network. One of the task I'd like to achive is to find out the eigrp neighbors using SNMP. Base on the the result of the SNMP querry, I should be able to program WhatsUp so that it can "tell" whether the router lost connection to its neighbor or not. I'm currently running IOS ver 12.3(17a) on a 3662 router. Can someone tell me:

- Whether the IOS I have is adequate or not

- I'd like to use cEigrpPeerAddr ( 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.449.1.4.1.1.3 )to do my task. Is this something that you'd recommend?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The MIB Locator (http://tools.cisco.com/ITDIT/MIBS/MainServlet) is your friend for these types of questions. You can also send email to mii@external.cisco.com with a subject of "help" to get a list of MIBs supported in a specific IOS release.

The CISCO-EIGRP-MIB is your only choice for what you want to do. Unfortunately, it is not supported in 12.3 mainline. You will need to upgrade to 12.3(14)T or higher to get this MIB support. However, once you move to a supported IOS version, the CISCO-EIGRP-MIB is available in all feature sets (including IP).

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The MIB Locator (http://tools.cisco.com/ITDIT/MIBS/MainServlet) is your friend for these types of questions. You can also send email to mii@external.cisco.com with a subject of "help" to get a list of MIBs supported in a specific IOS release.

The CISCO-EIGRP-MIB is your only choice for what you want to do. Unfortunately, it is not supported in 12.3 mainline. You will need to upgrade to 12.3(14)T or higher to get this MIB support. However, once you move to a supported IOS version, the CISCO-EIGRP-MIB is available in all feature sets (including IP).