Views
Helpful
Replies

Monitoring individual interfaces

paul_rick
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Just installed LMS 2.5 and have a requirement to only monitor 4 interfaces and environemnt out of a network of 1500 devices and this to be emailed for notification.

I can set the event set to only include environment, but when selecting a notification group, you have to select types of events. I get emails for everything but environment issues?

Then I have turned off interface polling and only require it for 4 interfaces. I cannot turn on polling for 4 devices as I cannot select user defined groups in DFM. Surely I do not have to visit every interface in my network to turn off management?

Cheers

Paul

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

luijimen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Paul,

By default, DFM manages all active interfaces discovered on each device. If you just want to monitor 4 of them, go to DFM > Device Management > Device Details.

Select your device from the Device Selector and click on View. Next, click the Device Name link and this should get you the discovered components for the device.

From the list on the left, select "Interfaces". Locate the "Managed State" column and make sure to leave the status as "TRUE" for the 4 interfaces you wish to monitor. All others should be at "FALSE".

Click the Submit button to make changes effective.

Hope this helps.

Luis

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

luijimen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Paul,

By default, DFM manages all active interfaces discovered on each device. If you just want to monitor 4 of them, go to DFM > Device Management > Device Details.

Select your device from the Device Selector and click on View. Next, click the Device Name link and this should get you the discovered components for the device.

From the list on the left, select "Interfaces". Locate the "Managed State" column and make sure to leave the status as "TRUE" for the 4 interfaces you wish to monitor. All others should be at "FALSE".

Click the Submit button to make changes effective.

Hope this helps.

Luis

Thanks,

Thats what I was afraid of. I have many, many devices (eg 30 6509's alone). That would mean I will need to disable each interface on every device.

Thanks again

Paul

Paul,

In LMS 3.0, you have the ability to bulk disable interfaces/ports.

If you've got a contract, try searching in the tool below, perhaps it covers an upgrade for LMS.

http://tools.cisco.com/gct/Upgrade/jsp/productUpgrade.jsp

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: