Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Monitoring ISDN channel usage with SNMP

I have a 2821 router running 12.4(3g) with a channelised E1 interface, and I want to monitor how many DS0s are in use for capacity planning purposes.

I do this with some older 3640 routers by graphing the mib object cpmActiveDS0s (.1.3.6.1.4.1.9.10.19.1.1.4) and that works just fine, but the 2821 returns an absurdly high number as follows;

snmpwalk -c community -v 2c 2821_rtr .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.10.19.1.1.4

SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.9.10.19.1.1.4.0 = Gauge32: 3615

There are only 12 channels on the system so the number 3615 is junk! Is CISCO-POP-MGMT-MIB not supported on the newer routers (2800 etc.)? If so how can we get the data that we need to manage the device effectively?

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Monitoring ISDN channel usage with SNMP

The CISCO-POP-MGMT-MIB is not supported on the ISR's such as the 2821.

The reason being is that the CISCO-POP-MGMT-MIB was designed/intended for dial platform such as AS5xxx. It will have some support for the 26xx/36xx platforms as these platforms have dial functions as well.

The ISRs have 3-tuple representation of interfaces(slot.subslot.port), which is different from the older slot.port

indexing. The MIB does not support this 3-tuple numbering and hence you will see that ISRs don't support all objects in

the CISCO-POP-MGMT-MIB.

You could look at the ISDN-MIB for alternate objects.

Re: Monitoring ISDN channel usage with SNMP

Hi,

I wanna do the same. If you want, please send me an email lomonaco@easybyte.com.br to change knowledge.

thanks in advanced

Andre Lomonaco

Views
Helpful
Replies