Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple GRE Tunnel Subnets over 1 outside interface

Ricky Sandhu
Level 3
Level 3

Hi everyone,

is it possible to establish multiple GRE tunnel with different subnets over a common outside interface?

I have a DMVPN head-end router which already has multiple EIGRP neighbors on 10.10.201.0/24 subnet connecting over a DMVPN tunnel (0) interface. Tunnel source is gigabitethernet0/0.

I want to create a new tunnel (1) with 10.10.202.0/24 subnet and use the same source interface i.e. GigabitEthernet0/0.

Please advise.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You tell us a little about your network in asking your question but not enough for us to be able to answer well. You have said clearly that there are existing tunnels using source interface of Gig0/0 and destinations in 10.10.201.0. And you tell us that you want to set up a new tunnel with the same source and different destinations 10.10.202.0. But you do not tell us whether the new destinations are on the same remote routers or are on different remote routers.

In general it is quite possible to have multiple GRE tunnels on a router use the same source interface so long as the tunnel destinations are on different routers. And generally it is problematic to try to have two tunnels with the same source interface and both destinations are on the same router.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hi Richard, new destinations are also on the same remote routers.

I found a spare port on the hub router which I assigned a public IP address and was able to get around this problem. Now my new tunnel has a different source all together.

Thanks