I am faicng problems. some help is required on this.
1. i have enabled UT for access points, but the end hosts of autonomous AP does not seem to be captured in Major /minor aquisitions. pl suggest what all to see for resolving the same.
2. What is the requirement of label configs apart from it saves from purfing. need some elaboratation on this.
3. I read that custom background images can be uploaded in topology view. could u tell how to go about this.
4. I installed and started the service of UTLite as instructed on a Test PC. but did not find any changes in UT. can u pl explain if a DC is a must. I have currently installed it in a PC not configured to use domain.
Solved! Go to Solution.
These issues should be opened in multiple threads. I will address the first one in this thread.
As I said before, APs require multiple VLANs configured in order to be supported by User Tracking. Also, due to a bug, you must be on CM 5.1.1 or higher for this to work correctly. I recommend 5.1.3. Post the running config from one problem AP as well as an SNMP Walk of the qBridgeMIB (220.127.116.11.18.104.22.168) and the version of Campus Manager.
thanks for replying.
1. For the sake of security restrictions, i cannot post it in this forum. but i can say that it is not configured for vlans. will it do fine if i have only one vlan. and trunks on switch.
2. I will, thanks.
3&4. i figured it out. thanks.
If your config allows you to SNMP Walk the Q-BRIDGE-MIB, and get MAC data, then yes. Typically, a single SSID will not work.
The config looks fine, but according to the Q-BRIDGE-MIB, there are no associated clients in either VLAN:
dot1qFdbDynamicCount.1 = 0
dot1qFdbDynamicCount.52 = 0
When there are clients, the dot1qTpFdbTable will be populated, and UT will read that to get its end host data.
Well, the MAC info is showing up even though the counts are still zero. Post the show ver from this AP as well as the NMSROOT/campus/etc/cwsi/portData.xml, vlanData.xml, and RouterData.xml files.
Enable core, corex, vlad, frontend, framework, and devices.AccessPoint debugging under Campus Manager > Admin > Debugging Options > Data Collection, then run a new Data Collection, and post the ani.log.