Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple Router's output to a Central .doc file

Farhan Javed
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Cisco Experts,

I would like to ask a simple query, as you can use append/tee filter to get the output from one Cisco device.

but does any one know how can multiple router send any command output to a central ftp server to any file? .txt or .doc etc? and just to ensure all entries get appended not overridden.

Any one know?

RTR-A : sho log | redirect ftp://user|pwd@myserver/file.txt

RTR-B : sho log | redirect ftp://user|pwd@myserver/file.txt

RTR-C : sho log | redirect ftp://user|pwd@myserver/file.txt

Thanks again!

Regds,

Faiz

4 Replies 4

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I don't think you can append directly to a remote file from the router.

If instead you use the remote server as your logging destination from the outset and have a syslog daemon running on it, that would seem to accomplish a similar result. If your do that, syslog.log will have all the log entiries from the routers in it (sorted by time of arrival vs. sequentially by device but easy enough to re-sort).

I wanted to take some cutomized output get appended to central file. I see there is an option to use Solarwinds NCM "execute command script" but I wanted to used something simpler than that. I am still finding out.

Thanks for your feedback anyways Marvin.

Regds,

Faiz

this should be possible if you use "append" instead of "redirect". See this doc:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_2t/12_2t13/feature/guide/ftshowre.html#wp1046419

Farhan Javed
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for all your replies. It didnt work anyways.