Views
Helpful
Replies

my LMS 3.2 won't detect Switch 29xx , router 39xx and 7200

mohamed louhab
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

my LMS 3.2 won't detect  my new Switchs 29xx , router 39XX and my 7200 router !!!!

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joel Monge
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

First thing you would want to do is upgrade to the latest device package for Common Services (MDF).  That can be done under CS > Software Center > Device Update, check CiscoWorks Common Services and Check For Updates.

You can also use CLI commands (my preference) for this:

PSUCli.bat -p cmf -d -dst c:\psu_download -all  (will download common services packages to c:\psu_download\cmf)

PSUCli.bat -p cmf -install -src c:\psu_download\cmf -all  (will install the packages)

Use the supported device table below to confirm if your devices are or aren't supported:

www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/3.2/device_support/table/lms32sdt.html

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Joel Monge
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

First thing you would want to do is upgrade to the latest device package for Common Services (MDF).  That can be done under CS > Software Center > Device Update, check CiscoWorks Common Services and Check For Updates.

You can also use CLI commands (my preference) for this:

PSUCli.bat -p cmf -d -dst c:\psu_download -all  (will download common services packages to c:\psu_download\cmf)

PSUCli.bat -p cmf -install -src c:\psu_download\cmf -all  (will install the packages)

Use the supported device table below to confirm if your devices are or aren't supported:

www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/3.2/device_support/table/lms32sdt.html

Hi Monge ,

thank you for your reply , is what my server must connected to Internet for download the Update or i can download and install manually ?

Thank you again

You can manually download the MDF package for CiscoWorks Common Services.  Look for Common Services device packages here:

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/find.html?q=ciscoworks&task=default

Once you have the package, you can copy into C:\psu_download\cmf and install with this command from DOS:

PSUCli.bat -p cmf -install -src c:\psu_download\cmf -all

OK thank you ,

i will test and send you  the result

Thank you so much

PS :  is what I downloaded the latest version of CS  (CiscoWorks Common Services Software 3.3) ???

Please refer to this document for a guide to the various CiscoWorks versions and components that comprise them.

In general, the short answer is no. And even when you have the latest common services for CiscoWorks LMS 3.2, you would still need to download and install device packages.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: