Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

NAM-1 in C6509 with SUP720: Access to switch failed

Hi,

This is my problem. When I try "Setup > Switch Parameters > Switch Information" on the NAM web interface, I get the following...

Switch Information

Performing SNMP test from NAM (127.0.0.91) to switch (127.0.0.21)

Access to the switch failed. This may be due to the switch's SNMP access control list is enabled.

Check if your switch's SNMP access control list is enabled and make sure

that the NAM's IP address is included in the access control list.

I've checked communities and changed the ACL to allow snmp from 127.0.0.91 (as stated in the Config Note) and even removed the ACL (temporarily) before I noticed that my switch actually uses 127.0.0.51 (as it is equipped with a SUP720 in slot 5 and a redundant one in slot 6) and not 127.0.0.21.

When I look at the tech info of the NAM, it does bind the rmond to 127.0.0.51, but in the "switch address" section it says 127.0.0.21.

I've tried rebooting the NAM, but to no avail...

What can I do? Is there a command to change this?

Kind regards,

Steven Demets

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: NAM-1 in C6509 with SUP720: Access to switch failed

Hi,

Do you have a management vlan configured for the name?

ex) analysis module 13 management-port access-vlan 102

and then have interface vlan 102 configured and active?

Re: NAM-1 in C6509 with SUP720: Access to switch failed

Hi,

Yes I do have a management vlan configured and the vlan interface does have an IP address and is active.

I opened a case with Cisco last Tuesday, but still no reply :(

I applied the patch (2) for NAM 3.4(1a) software and used the new "supervisor address" command to set the supervisors address. This works, but now all SNMP traffic passes over the management VLAN in stead of over the 127.0.0.0 (EOBC) network. Not very secure...

Steven

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content