cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NAM-1 reporting export problems ?

dtushing123
Level 3
Level 3

Anyone else having major issues with exporting reports on the nam-1 ?

I have around 10 reports defined that I export via email daily at 6am.

If I so much as change one attribute of a report, say for example I go and change the export file type to a pdf. Then the next time the report is sent, it will email me a copy of another report in place of the one I want.

So if I create 2 reports, one is a response time graph for notes and the other for smb. They work.

If I then go and edit the notes report, say change the email address to send to, then next cycle I would receive the smb report within both emails, instead of one notes and one smb report.

Anyone still with me ?

The only way to then fix this is delete all reports and recreate at the same time!!

I am running following code,

Cisco Network Analysis Module (WS-SVC-NAM-1), Version 3.5(1) Compiled 2006:06:12 14:51:24 by pwildi Copyright (c) 1999-2006 by cisco Systems, Inc. Patches: Thu Aug 17 17:51:07 2006 Patch: nam-app.3-5.strong-crypto-patchK9-1-0 Description: Strong Crypto Patch.

There _is_ a 3.5.1a version of code but I cannot find any release notes for it to see if this bug/feature was fixed.

If I upgrade I lose all my data and it's a pain in the butt. I don't want to do this on a whim and the problem not be fixed.

D

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, I can reproduce what you're seeing. The emails look to be correct until you actually look at the PDF data. The two PDFs show the same data when they should be reporting on completely different attributes.

You should go ahead and open a Service Request on this as a new bug will most likely need to be filed.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Our NAM is running 3.5(1a), and I cannot reproduce. I did what you said, but the newly edited report is emailed correctly to the new address. It only contains the one PDF attachment that it should contain.

I did not see any relevant bugs opened on this, so an upgrade to 3.5(1a) may not actually fix your problem. You may see some relevant errors in the tech-support output. Additionally, this may be a browser-related Javascript issue. I tested a Mozilla browser. If you're using IE, you might try with Mozilla 1.7.13 to see if you get the same problem.

Hi Jclarke,

Thanks for your response, that's interesting. I see the following in the log.

1. 30 Nov 08:10:17 HTTP header parsing is looping!

2. 30 Nov 08:10:16 HTTP header parsing is looping!

3. 29 Nov 18:50:10 last message repeated 4 times

4. 29 Nov 18:48:18 last message repeated 7 times

5. 29 Nov 18:48:16 HTTP header parsing is looping!

6. 29 Nov 16:07:00 last message repeated 7 times

I am using Firefox

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.8) Gecko/20061025 Firefox/1.5.0.8

I will download the mozilla version you suggested and try it.

Hi jclarke,

Okay I think I've narrowed this down further.

I have 1 custom defined report. The custom defined report combines 3 basic reports into one and is also scheduled for export along with 10 basic reports.

If I make any changes to the basic reports after first creation the custom defined report will be emailed out in the basic reports place.

The behaviour seems to be constant.

The report name will be good, but the actual

data will be from the custom report that I created.

Can you recreate ?

Thanks

D

Yes, I can reproduce what you're seeing. The emails look to be correct until you actually look at the PDF data. The two PDFs show the same data when they should be reporting on completely different attributes.

You should go ahead and open a Service Request on this as a new bug will most likely need to be filed.

Thanks man, I was going a little nuts there. I've opened ticket #604908811 and referenced my

earlier ticket # in there.

I have filed CSCsg91649 to track this issue. Please reference that bug when talking with the TAC.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: