Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Nat Problems

I wasnt sure where to post this so I chose this in general.  I've been going around google for years trying to figure out whats wrong with my Nat type.  The reason being is that I often use Xbox Live to play games online and I always have a moderate or strict Nat type.  I have a cisco E1000 router and a Comcast stock modem.  I've tried everything from port forwarding, DMZ for the xbox, and even talked to my ISP about bridge mode for my modem.  First off the Port forwarding doesn't work, I have a static IP set up for my xbox and everything. Second I recently tried putting my Xbox 360 on DMZ, that also hasn't worked. Lastly I found that a Double Nat from your modem can also cause this,  however when reasearching this I was told if I have a public IP address that I do not need to do it, I called comcast anyways and they told me that the modem cannot be put into bridge mode.  SO im assuming since I was told that if I have a public IP address anways that I would be fine.  No matter what I do or what I try I cannot seem to fix my moderate or strict Nat type.  So i finally have come to here after 2 years of trying to figure this out to ask if you guys have any idea what I'm doing wrong. Any and all information will be greatly appreciated.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content