Views
Helpful
Replies

NCS appliance not access after rebooted

mohammad saeed
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Guys,

I have one ncs appliance was working fine but after i reboot it i couldnt be able to access it through web. I can access it with cli and i saw some ncs service not running. The output of ncs status is attached with pic. 

Thanks for all

Mohammad saeed

11 Replies 11

Kevin10
Level 1
Level 1
I don't see any attachment or command output. I'd check to see if the application status was reporting as running. 'show application status ncs'. If it is stopped you could attempt to start it with 'application start ncs'. It may be wise to grab a show tech before hand though to see if there are any issues with the server we could learn about beforehand.

TABUK-NCS/admin# show application status NCS

Health Monitor is running, with an error.
initHealthMonitor(): can not start DB
Ftp Server is running
Database server is stopped
Tftp Server is running
Matlab Server is Stopped
NMS Server is stopped.
CNS Gateway with port 11011 is down
CNS Gateway SSL with port 11012 is down
CNS Gateway with port 11013 is down
CNS Gateway SSL with port 11014 is down
Plug and Play Gateway Broker with port 61617 is down
Plug and Play Gateway config, image and resource are down on https
Plug and Play Gateway config, image and resource are down on http
Plug and Play Gateway is stopped.
SAM Daemon is not running ...
DA Daemon is not running ...
Syslog Daemon is not running ...

Is it working?

Thanks

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Try  the reboot again, and follow the boot process; watch out for errors, if any.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

I rebooted twice but didn't see any errors!

- If the problem, persists, then it seems that your Prime installation got corrupt -> re-install cisco-prime and restore data from a recent application backup.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

How to reinstall it ? Through ncs reinstdb?

- You could try that, but you will be  re-initializing the database only -> meaning issue at least an ncs stop followed by ncs start ,and last but not least , ncs status, afterwards; if problems are still not resolved , you will need a complete re-installation of your Prime-host.

M.

I tried to restart the ncs but not working. How to reinstall it again I am using appliance and already has the image!

I don't know what version of ncs you're working with, but I'd just start over from the beginning with the install guide and like someone else said, restore from backup once you're reinstalled.

I have 2.1 and i remove ncs then i tried to install it again gave me manifest file not found? 

Are you trying to re-install on the original vm, or creating a new one from the ova file?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: