cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need assistance in custom report template

Margaret Tonso
Level 1
Level 1

I am running Ciscoworks LMS 2.6. I was trying to create a custom report that shows the sup cards, line cards, fan models and power supply models in our switches. I can't seem to find the attributes for the fan and power supply. I also ran the detailed device report and it's not pulling fan information from the switches. Is this normal? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Getting fan information in a custom report is not possible in RME 4.0. I started a campaign to get all of the inventory attributes available for custom reports, but they finally all made it into RME 4.2.

As for not seeing fan information in the DDR, it depends on the switch type. For what switches are you seeing this?

I am not getting the fan info on any of our 65xx devices, which are the majority of our devices. For the 3560s & 3750s, I do see the fan info.

Thanks for the info re: custom reports. I appreciate it!

What version of code are the 6500s running? Exactly what 6500 models are they?

Most devices are 6509s running CATOS, version 8.6(3). There are some 6509s that are running IOS version 12.2(18)SXF14 and also a couple 6513s running IOS version 12.2(18)SXF10. None of these are pulling fan information. The only field that is populated is the Index field with a 0.

Okay, this is due to CSCsq70876. Basically, the cefcFanTrayOperStatus object is not populated for these devices. This bug is still being worked on, and there is no ETA on a fix.

Thanks so much for the info!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: