cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

need bandwidth and peer-to-peer restricters recomendations..

sugar2ferret
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I work for a company with few stores in the USA, how can I monitor/restrict the bandwidth of the stores, for instance, I would like to block sites like youtube, hi5, etc, also efectively block MSN, WebMSN, and yahoo Messenger, and block all peer-to-peer downloads (kazaa, emule, limewire, etc etc)

My network scenario in each store is: INTERNET > CISCO > SWITCH'S > PC-USERS

thanks in advance!

Aldo

5 Replies 5

sugar2ferret
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to setup the netgear FWAG114 as a firewall with disabled routing, that is because the neatgear FWAG114 is behind a cisco router, and I dont want the "cisco integrated services router" to be replaced by the netgear, I only would like to use the firewall capabilities of the netgear. Is there a way for achieve it?

thanks in advance.

Aldo

my goal is to block, MSN messenger, youtube, and peer-2-peer clients,

my cisco have a c870-advsecurityk9-mz.123-8.YI2 IOS, I think i can block ports with the cisco ACL but cant block msn and cant block by url, thats for I mind to combine with the netgear... just a think...

Hi, I contacted the Netgear support and they told me that my Netgear appliance have disabled the routing by default, so i just changed the subnet and attached to the my cisco router, that way I got a gateway between my router and my network with url filtering capabilities. Now I have the next question derived of the action I performed...

* In the cisco device I have configured Site to Site VPN with another remote identical cisco, I have a large ACL (access contro lists), i have NAT (port forwards for many virtual servers and many services...), and if now I have the Netgear to have a different subnet, it must became the DHCP server(I think) and default gateway for the network, is that right? If yes, the cisco NAT, ACL, VPN will become useless due a different subnet... is that a way to have the Netgear as a firewall but network clients having the cisco as a default gateway having the network to have the cisco subnet instead of the netgear-firewall subnet keeping all the cisco features as well as the netgear features... or May the cisco device handle with the Middle Netgear appliance and is there a way to keep all both devices features?

Cisco --> Netgear --> Network

Thanks in advance again.

Aldo

Your Cisco 870 series image should be able to do the job of a firewall, for the ease of use, Cisco provided the SDM,Security device manager. called it up by using https://routeripaddress. from there you can self explorer.

So, do you recommend me to do all the job with the cisco or add a new device to the network?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: