Views
Helpful
Replies

need help ASAP - cannot open topology service LMS 4.1

bebygone24
Level 1
Level 1

hello all,

i am new in cisco LMS . now i am in client site  installing cisco LMS 4.1 in UCS server-rack version. we did it well for  the installation, and the LMS working properly until i cannot open  topology service.

i attached the error message

any advice ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I am using it on windows 7. I cut the GUI down in an atempt to make my pc faster

enable logging and show console for java in the control panel .

Post the java log here

Cheers,

Michel

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15

Michel Hegeraat
Level 7
Level 7

On the client machine, find the java directory, e.g. Program Files\Java\, in there is a directory jre6\lib\endorsed.

Make sure this last directory has write permissions for all 'users' on the client system.

Cheers,

Michel

Hello michel, thanks for your quick response.

yes, i found that directory on jre6. but how to make sure that directory has write permissions for all users ?

Hello michel,

i have changed the permissions setting on vbjorb.jar. right click on it -> properties -> select security tab. and change permission setting -> click edit (see the attachment).

but the problem is still same.

bebygone24
Level 1
Level 1

when i tried to open topology services from web browser , i got another error message. which always prompt me to install java plug in 1.6.0_24 (see the attachement), i have read and followed all the instructions and also installed java plug in 1.6.0_24 as they asked , but the error message is still same. they always prompt me to install java plug in.

i have restarted my laptop & also the browser many times. but still didn't work.

any advice you can give will be greatly appreciated.

I have seen this error when multiple Java versions are installed. While it is possible to work around it with some low level manual tweaking of the Java settings; the cleanest solution I have found is to first uninstall Java completely on the client. Then install Java from the distribution package delivered from the LMS server. That usually results in a clean working copy on the client.

okay, i'll try it. thanks for your advice

Hello marvin.

still not working ,

after i uninstall my java completely and tried to install java from distribution package from LMS server.

any other idea ?

Is it possible to open the topology services using any different browser?

Do you have any client firewall product active?

i used 3 different browsers : mozzilla, IE and google chrome

and i have turned off my firewall & antivirus.

I believe you may have changed the permissions on a file but I really meant the write permissions on the directory.

Full Control for all 'Users' is what I put in there.

Cheers,

Michel

still not working , still got the same error message.

maybe because i used windows 7. do you have java plugin with jacorb which support for windows 7 ?

I am using it on windows 7. I cut the GUI down in an atempt to make my pc faster

enable logging and show console for java in the control panel .

Post the java log here

Cheers,

Michel

i post it here

Hello all,

finally i can run the topology service on my windows.. thanks all, especially for you michel..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: