Views
Helpful
Replies

need help ASAP - cannot open topology service LMS 4.1

bebygone24
Level 1
Level 1

hello all,

i am new in cisco LMS . now i am in client site  installing cisco LMS 4.1 in UCS server-rack version. we did it well for  the installation, and the LMS working properly until i cannot open  topology service.

i attached the error message

any advice ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I am using it on windows 7. I cut the GUI down in an atempt to make my pc faster

enable logging and show console for java in the control panel .

Post the java log here

Cheers,

Michel

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15

Michel Hegeraat
Level 7
Level 7

On the client machine, find the java directory, e.g. Program Files\Java\, in there is a directory jre6\lib\endorsed.

Make sure this last directory has write permissions for all 'users' on the client system.

Cheers,

Michel

Hello michel, thanks for your quick response.

yes, i found that directory on jre6. but how to make sure that directory has write permissions for all users ?

Hello michel,

i have changed the permissions setting on vbjorb.jar. right click on it -> properties -> select security tab. and change permission setting -> click edit (see the attachment).

but the problem is still same.

bebygone24
Level 1
Level 1

when i tried to open topology services from web browser , i got another error message. which always prompt me to install java plug in 1.6.0_24 (see the attachement), i have read and followed all the instructions and also installed java plug in 1.6.0_24 as they asked , but the error message is still same. they always prompt me to install java plug in.

i have restarted my laptop & also the browser many times. but still didn't work.

any advice you can give will be greatly appreciated.

I have seen this error when multiple Java versions are installed. While it is possible to work around it with some low level manual tweaking of the Java settings; the cleanest solution I have found is to first uninstall Java completely on the client. Then install Java from the distribution package delivered from the LMS server. That usually results in a clean working copy on the client.

okay, i'll try it. thanks for your advice

Hello marvin.

still not working ,

after i uninstall my java completely and tried to install java from distribution package from LMS server.

any other idea ?

Is it possible to open the topology services using any different browser?

Do you have any client firewall product active?

i used 3 different browsers : mozzilla, IE and google chrome

and i have turned off my firewall & antivirus.

I believe you may have changed the permissions on a file but I really meant the write permissions on the directory.

Full Control for all 'Users' is what I put in there.

Cheers,

Michel

still not working , still got the same error message.

maybe because i used windows 7. do you have java plugin with jacorb which support for windows 7 ?

I am using it on windows 7. I cut the GUI down in an atempt to make my pc faster

enable logging and show console for java in the control panel .

Post the java log here

Cheers,

Michel

i post it here

Hello all,

finally i can run the topology service on my windows.. thanks all, especially for you michel..