Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Need help with a major Decision.

need help choosing which class of router to use for a special network design I have to do. I need a some thing with a mixture of both Long and short reach fiber SFP interfaces and I need to have a few high Density Cards.

I Can't seem to come to a decent decision on my own. I may need a few 10G ethernet connections as well. (2 at max).

I have listed the requirements below for my required services and I believe that the cisco 4500 E series would fit well but I need help picking the proper Line cards.

Requirements,

Layer 3 external Routing / switching.

Layer 2/3 internal routing / Switching

Port Based VLAN and VLAN routing

NAT Both Dynamic (outgoing) and Static (incoming)

OSPF Networking (Multi Area)

BGP Routing (to be redistributed into the OSPF network)

I will have a number of Ethernet (5 100meg Fiber lines currently Scalable to 1g)connections coming in From Different POPs for External (internet) Access. Each with there own /30 range and a small number of Routable /26 subnets for each link.

I will have at least 7 Private subnets behind this that will be NAT'd and routed internally across to our other offices.

This will be a hybrid Core/Edge Switch And I need Redundancy built in.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY
Views
Helpful
Replies