Views
Helpful
Replies

Need Help.

mkkhan786
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Frineds,

can anyone guide me how to remove this unidentified trap from Device fault monitor section (LMS 4.0).

Kamran Khan

4 Replies 4

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Kamran,

This is known issues with Fault Monitoring Alerts caused by steal entries in EPM database. To fix this, please run the below commands on your server's command prompt (this will delete all the data from the EPM database):

+ Stop daemon manager :

net stop crmdmgtd 

+ Re-initialize EPM db as below :

NMSROOT\bin\perl.exe NMSROOT\bin\dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=dfmEpm dmprefix=EPM

example:

C:\progra1\CSCOpx\bin\perl.exe C:\progra1\CSCOpx\bin\dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=dfmEpm dmprefix=EPM

+ Start daemon manager:

net start crmdmgtd

Regards

Hope it help.

command not working....please check

HI Kamran,,

I think, you're corrupted your Perl executable.  You will need to  either restore this from a file system backup, or reinstall Common  Services.

addition.....

check the below link for more results on Unidentified traps:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_device_fault_manager/3.1

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_device_fault_manager/3.1/user/guide/TrapFwd.html#wpxref57860

you can stop this  by change the configuration on the Device , or disable the "InformAlarm"  from the notification Group under :     Admin > Network >  Notification and Action Settings > Fault Notification Group      From  the following Link you can check the traps that will generate "INFORM  ALARM" event :

Reagrds

I see the permission issue is there. Check if you can righ click on command prompt and try to run it as administrator.

On the last try you have a type as /perl.exe and hence it is giving error as c:\perl.exe is not valid app, as there is no app under c:\ directory.

As one workaround, please try to change the permission of perl.exe for all the users as rwx and see if that works.

-Thanks

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: