cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need to get scripts for DFM to respond. Remedy connector?

rtuttle
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to get DFM to perform scripts when an event happens, but I have found no none nada documentation on this. I have my old hpov scripts and dont know if they will work. Does anyone have anything? I am also looking for the CW LMS to Remedy connector for auto ticket generation.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is not supported. However, you could build a solution using the Syslog Notification feature. You could log the syslog messages to a server which would then spawn a script upon receipt of certain messages. The syslog-ng daemon for UNIX is capable of doing this. I haven't heard of any customers doing this, however.

I see, is this for the scripts in DFM or the auto ticket connector to a remedy system?

I see NCM has a remedy connector that Cisco sells so I thought they would have done that for the CW system.

Thanks,

Richard

There is no script support for DFM. The only external notifications DFM can generate are emails, syslogs, and SNMP traps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: