cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need to produce report with Ciscoworks - Hostname and IP address

carl.nohrden
Level 1
Level 1

I am using Ciscoworks LMS and am trying to generate a report that shows all the devices in inventory. I have been able to do this in RME, but the csv formatted report does not have the device name included in the report.

For our audit, I need the device name (switch or router hostname as defined by the hostname variable on the device)and the associated IP address used to manage it via SNMP.

Is there any way to get this?

Thank you.

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What you want is not doable exactly. You can define a custom report template in RME with the rules:

System:Name:equals:All

AND:IP Address:IP Address:equals:All

However, this will show you ALL of the IP addresses on the device.

Another solution if you are using Campus Manager Device Discovery, and you have enabled resolution via sysName is to get your report using DCR directly. To do this, go to Common Services > Device and Credentials > Device Management > Export. If you export all of the CS@hostname devices, you will get the hostname and display name (both should be equivalent to the sysName on the device) as well as the management IP address. Of course, this report will contain other information as well.

Thank you.

Hi jclarke,

I did export as you mentioned above, as you mentioned this report will contain other information as well, it is surprice me that all my network devices passwords are there in this export file, how we can protect not to list this passwords or how we can encrypt them so that no body else can understand that.

Thanks

The passwords are encrypted in the database, but they will be shown in plain text in this report. This is by design so that one could export the DCR data from one server and import it into another. There is no way to limit the data seen in this report except to do post-processing.

Thanks Jclarke.