cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Net show commands

raindrop18
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to pull the secondary ip address from routers , so on the command line I am using " sh run | include secondary" and I got the secondary ip from the router. so I want to do this on netshow since I have to look 300+ routers. I have added " show running-config | include secondary" on netshow custom commands section but I just keep getting error "     Command(s) failed on the device " do you guys have any idea? or Netshow unable to fullfill my objective.Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I looked at the code, and this is actually expected.  When you run "show run" RME expects the output to contain the begin and end tags which indicate the configuration data was returned successfully.  When you filter this, you don't get those tags, and thus the job "fails."  Try this command instead:

show ip int | in Secondary

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You should see some related CLI output in the job details.  What is it?  On a device for which the command fails, what is the output?  It could be that there is additional output being produced which tricks RME into thinking an error occurred.

very interesting! you are exactly right!!! even though the job result failed but when I dig down Status -> Failure -> then I have found the result I want.

here is the exact out put

-------------------------show running-config | include secondary-------------------------          ip address 10.64.76.2 255.255.254.0 secondary

router-1a#

so that means is false error? or I missed anything.  Note -I have attached the screenshoot. thanks

I looked at the code, and this is actually expected.  When you run "show run" RME expects the output to contain the begin and end tags which indicate the configuration data was returned successfully.  When you filter this, you don't get those tags, and thus the job "fails."  Try this command instead:

show ip int | in Secondary

working perfectly!!! thank you so very much!!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: