Views
Helpful
Replies

Netbios Issue (possibly)

russell.mark
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have an issue with my router and im pretty new to the cisco systems so please excuse my ignorance if its a perfectly simple issue that i have overlooked.

I have a cisco 877w wireless enabled router with the c870-advipservicesk9-mz.124-4.T6.bin image and the following config on it ...

Config attached in text format.{some ip's and all passwords removed}

My issue is that i cant see the other clients on the wireless network 192.168.14.0 - i can ping them , they show in the arp on the router and i can even browse to them if i know the IP address , but if on a windows machine if i go to My Network Places i dont see any other machine.

Normally this wouldnt bother me , but i have a D-link media streamer and it cant pick up the server on my laptop because of this. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance to anyone who attempts to help me out with this.

1 Reply 1

sbilgi
Level 5
Level 5

Make sure you have NetBIOS over TCP enabled on the adapter that you use to connect to the domain. Ensure that the Client for Microsoft Networks is enabled. If you are able to map drives by IP address, then NetBIOS is passing through.Refer URL

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;119493

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: