Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netconfig Ad Hoc and System Tasks Missing

I recently upgraded to LMS 3.2 with RME 4.3.1. I don't have the option to create ad hoc jobs and I don't see any system tasks available. The tasks folder expands to reveal nothing.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: Netconfig Ad Hoc and System Tasks Missing

Eh, I had a typo. The DSN name is rmeng:

E:\Program Files\CSCOpx\bin>perl E:\Progra~1\CSCOpx\bin\dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=rmeng dmprefix=RME

19 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

I can't reproduce. Post the netconfigclient.log. Was Daemon Manager recently restarted? If so, ConfigMgmtServer may still be processing the templates. In that case, you should wait awhile longer, and see if the tasks come up.

The server was recently restarted but only because the problem existed in RME 4.3.0 and I updated to 4.3.1 to see if it resolved my problem. Server has been up approx. 20 minutes now with the same result. Log file posted.

Thanks Joe!

Cisco Employee

Twenty minutes is not long enough. I typically wait at least 30. If, after 30, you're still seeing this problem, post the output of the pdshow command. So far, the logs could point to an initialization problem, or simply a timing issue.

Still not working. Pdshow output attached.

Cisco Employee

Post the new netconfigclient.log, dcmaclient.log, and dcmaservice.log after reproducing the problem.

attached

and the last attachment

Cisco Employee

Post the list of contents under NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/webapps/rme/WEB-INF/lib/pkgs.

attached

Cisco Employee

Post the NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/logs/stdout.log and stderr.log.

attached

Cisco Employee

Your RME database was not properly upgraded. It looks like it's missing required RME 4.3 schema updates. If you have a known good backup of LMS from before you upgraded to 4.3, it would be a good idea to restore it so database migration can be redone. If not, you will need to reinitialize the RME database:

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/bin/dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=rmenf dmprefix=RME

I have a backup from 10-14-09 so I can restore it. What is the process to redo database migration?

Cisco Employee

Follow the remote upgrade instructions from https://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/3.2/data_migration/guide/dmg_win.html#wp1146241 . In this case, though, both server A and B will be the same server.

Restoring the backup did not fix the problem. I just tried reinitialize the RME database and got the following error:

E:\Program Files\CSCOpx\bin>perl E:\Progra~1\CSCOpx\bin\dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=rmenf dmprefix=RME

FATAL ERROR: e:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\databases\rmenf\orig\odbc.tmplorig does not exist, or is not readable.

Verify that the DSN exists, before contacting a Cisco support engineer.

Ideas?

or is it time to contact TAC?

Cisco Employee

Eh, I had a typo. The DSN name is rmeng:

E:\Program Files\CSCOpx\bin>perl E:\Progra~1\CSCOpx\bin\dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=rmeng dmprefix=RME

Thanks for the help Joe. Reinitializing fixed the problem. I did have a problem with RME syncronizing with DCR afterward but disabling then reenabling auto mode under device management settings fixed the problem.

Joe,

Did you get a chance to look at this yet?

Thanks,

Jim

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content