I recently upgraded to LMS 3.2 with RME 4.3.1. I don't have the option to create ad hoc jobs and I don't see any system tasks available. The tasks folder expands to reveal nothing.
Solved! Go to Solution.
I can't reproduce. Post the netconfigclient.log. Was Daemon Manager recently restarted? If so, ConfigMgmtServer may still be processing the templates. In that case, you should wait awhile longer, and see if the tasks come up.
The server was recently restarted but only because the problem existed in RME 4.3.0 and I updated to 4.3.1 to see if it resolved my problem. Server has been up approx. 20 minutes now with the same result. Log file posted.
Twenty minutes is not long enough. I typically wait at least 30. If, after 30, you're still seeing this problem, post the output of the pdshow command. So far, the logs could point to an initialization problem, or simply a timing issue.
Your RME database was not properly upgraded. It looks like it's missing required RME 4.3 schema updates. If you have a known good backup of LMS from before you upgraded to 4.3, it would be a good idea to restore it so database migration can be redone. If not, you will need to reinitialize the RME database:
NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/bin/dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=rmenf dmprefix=RME
Follow the remote upgrade instructions from https://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/3.2/data_migration/guide/dmg_win.html#wp1146241 . In this case, though, both server A and B will be the same server.
Restoring the backup did not fix the problem. I just tried reinitialize the RME database and got the following error:
E:\Program Files\CSCOpx\bin>perl E:\Progra~1\CSCOpx\bin\dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=rmenf dmprefix=RME
FATAL ERROR: e:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\databases\rmenf\orig\odbc.tmplorig does not exist, or is not readable.
Verify that the DSN exists, before contacting a Cisco support engineer.
Thanks for the help Joe. Reinitializing fixed the problem. I did have a problem with RME syncronizing with DCR afterward but disabling then reenabling auto mode under device management settings fixed the problem.