Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Netconfig [confirm] prompt

Hi all

I want to know if there is a way with CSM Netconfig module, to modify the way that Netconfig will answer to the cli prompt that he will receive when applying a job.

I remember that in VSM, we can edit a file and tell the VMS's netconfig module to answer "no" when he encounter a [yes/no] prompt or answer "yes". That depend what you have written.

Does it still possible with CSM netconfig ?

Thank you very much

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Netconfig [confirm] prompt

Yes. You need to use the notation to indicate the response to a prompt. For example:

clear countersy

Will send the command "clear counters" then answer "y" when prompted.

But if I want to scedule a reload on routers that have unsaved modifications and other that haven't.

The router that have unsaved modifications will prompt me this :

System configuration has been modified. Save? [yes/no]:

then

Proceed with reload? [confirm]

But routers that haven't unsaved modifications will only prompt me "Proceed with reload? [confirm]".

I can't use reloadnconfirm for both.

Here's my concern

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Cisco Employee

If you want to save the config, the solution is easy. If not, then you could create two jobs. One that would do:

reload

This will fail on devices that have unsaved changes. Then, for all the devices that failed, run another job with:

reloadn

This is why I want to find a file (I remember that we have one with VMS) that have all the possible prompt that a device can print out, and a default answer associated to it.

I'll probably run 2 diff job like you said.

Thanks for your help

Cisco Employee

There is no prompts file like there was with RME 3.5. This information is now hard-coded in the RME device packages.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content