Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Netconfig jobs hanging when doing large custom configurations

I’m having problems with netconfig on CiscoWorks LMS 3.1,  RME 4.2.0.

I run a series of netconfig jobs with a User-defined Task which adds 75 lines of configuration statements to a number of 2960 Catalyst switches.

The job remains stuck in "Running" mode in the job browser window. It has remained in that state for over a day before I attempted to stop it, now it remains stuck in  " Stop Initiated" mode.

We have accounting configured at a Cisco Secure ACS server, version 4.1. There, I can view that on every job run around 15 config lines are executed OK (simultaneously on all switches) by the LMS user. After those 15 lines, no more accounting lines are reported but the job stays in “Running” mode as described above. If I go under 15 lines of config the job executes just fine.

A new job connects on the next vty line on the switch (as noticed in the ACS), from which I assume that the previous connection remains open.

Netconfig is configured to execute commands through SSH using command authorization through Cisco ACS.

When I disabled command authorization (which could slow down the process) the result was identical.

From the netconfigclient log I can’t make any sense of what is going wrong, but I've included it nonetheless.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You are most likely seeing CSCsx24218.  This bug is fixed in LMS 3.2.

View solution in original post

No, it wouldn't.  Those jobs need to be forcibly removed from the database.  TAC can help you do this.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You are most likely seeing CSCsx24218.  This bug is fixed in LMS 3.2.

Thanks a lot.

We will be upgrading to LMS version 3.2 as soon as possible and open a TAC case meanwhile to get a patch.

FYI -- I had this problem back in 3.0.x LMS as well. I just today, upgraded to

LMS 3.2 and applied all patches. The jobs that are stuck are still stuck even in LMS 3.2. Even though the new version and patches probably fix future occurrences of the problem, it doesn't seem to fix the current instances, which is quite annoying.

No, it wouldn't.  Those jobs need to be forcibly removed from the database.  TAC can help you do this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco