cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Netconfig jobs

getwithrob
Level 3
Level 3

I see where the Shedule Type on Netconfig Jobs is Once or Immediate, it's too bad there's not a weekly or monthly schedule where I could run a job against a particular system view/group of devices. Does anyone know of a trick or way to do that?

See the attachment and it'll make it more clear where I'm talking about.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

nhabib
Level 9
Level 9

One thing you can try is to use cwconfig with the netconfig option. You may then use cron to schedule the jobs.

The example below can be used to clear the interface counters for a number of devices from the command line.

First, one has to create a text file containing the list of managed devices.

In my case, I called the file "devices" and I placed it in the /opt/CSCOpx/bin folder.

The file called "devices" contains the following:

Next, one has to create a text file containing the command(s) you want to issue.

In my case, I called the file "command" and I placed it in the /opt/CSCOpx/bin folder.

The file called "command" contains the following:

clear counter

Next, cd to /opt/CSCOpx/bin and issue the commands:

chmod 666 command (to make sure that the file "command" can be read)

chmod 666 devices (to make sure that the file "devices" can be read)

./cwconfig netconfig -u admin -p admin -createjob -mode enable -failure CONTINUE -devicefile /opt/CSCOpx/bin/devices -commandfile /opt/CSCOpx/bin/command

It is assumed that the username is admin and the password is admin.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

nhabib
Level 9
Level 9

One thing you can try is to use cwconfig with the netconfig option. You may then use cron to schedule the jobs.

The example below can be used to clear the interface counters for a number of devices from the command line.

First, one has to create a text file containing the list of managed devices.

In my case, I called the file "devices" and I placed it in the /opt/CSCOpx/bin folder.

The file called "devices" contains the following:

Next, one has to create a text file containing the command(s) you want to issue.

In my case, I called the file "command" and I placed it in the /opt/CSCOpx/bin folder.

The file called "command" contains the following:

clear counter

Next, cd to /opt/CSCOpx/bin and issue the commands:

chmod 666 command (to make sure that the file "command" can be read)

chmod 666 devices (to make sure that the file "devices" can be read)

./cwconfig netconfig -u admin -p admin -createjob -mode enable -failure CONTINUE -devicefile /opt/CSCOpx/bin/devices -commandfile /opt/CSCOpx/bin/command

It is assumed that the username is admin and the password is admin.