Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Netconfig question

Hi,

I know how to do mass config changes using netconfig jobs. However i would like to add a line on all our L3 VLANs. The change is to add an ip-helper address to all VLANs. The VLANs are saved in our core 6500.

The question is how do you make mass changes to a VLAN?? it is easy to do for devices but is it possible to do it for VLANs?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: Netconfig question

This is doable in RME 4.3 (part of LMS 3.2). A new feature was added which allows you to deploy mass configuration changes to ports and modules as well as devices. You can create a rule to match ports with a description containing vlan. Then, create an ad hoc task to set an ip helper-address on those ports. I just tested this, and it works.

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: Netconfig question

This is doable in RME 4.3 (part of LMS 3.2). A new feature was added which allows you to deploy mass configuration changes to ports and modules as well as devices. You can create a rule to match ports with a description containing vlan. Then, create an ad hoc task to set an ip helper-address on those ports. I just tested this, and it works.

Views
Helpful
Replies