cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Netcool and ciscoworks LMS

francisco_1
Level 7
Level 7

Has any used Netcool before with ciscoworks LMS 3.0. What i need to do is send notofications and alerts from ciscoworks DFM, Syslogs, SNMP traps to netcool dashboard so i can just have one event viewer for ciscoworks. is that possible?

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

DFM can easily forward traps to any trap receiver. This is configured under DFM > Configuration > Other Configurations > SNMP Trap Forwarding. Other DFM events can be sent as trap or syslog notifications as well. You can define a notification group and related notification subscription using the interfaces under DFM > Notification Services.

Forwarding syslogs from RME is also possible. However, there is nothing built-in to do this. I have written a Perl script which can be used as an Automated Action script to forward syslog messages from RME to another host. See http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Network%20Infrastructure&topic=Network%20Management&CommCmd=MB?cmd=pass_through&location=outline@^1@@.1ddcf91c/0#selected_message for more details.

Thanks Joe.

joe, the link doesnt work mate!

GERARD PUOPLO
Level 1
Level 1

You and I are doing the same thing. Here is my rules file for handling the CISCO-EPM-NOTIFICATION-MIB. I tested this in our lab but have not battle tested it yet in production. BTW I am using the NCKL 1.4 netcool rules with this rule file. I named my rule file dfm.rules and you will need to add a include statement for it in your mttrapd.rules.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: