cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Netflow config on cisco 1712 with a VLAN100 (joining two FE-Ports)

cturacci
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i hope anybody could give a usefuinformation about how i could apply a valid configuration on a cisco 1712 with a VLAN100 (joining two FE-ports, which is connected in two ways for incoming/outgoing traffic, transparently over the VLAN 100 interface ).... i just see only Broadcast (255.255.255.255) but no any TCP-Packets with a valid application port going through from FE1 to FE2 and so on....The only valid TCP-Traffic that i can see is my telnet session (my mgmg PC:192.168.100.173 to the router-itself: 192.68.100.254). I got this setup with a collection station: 192.168.100.4 (called netflow tracker). May be i´m missing any important part in the config setup.

2 Replies 2

Not applicable

To connect the FE ports they should form an ether channel.

To form a port group follow these steps.

Step 1

configure terminal

Enter global configuration mode.

Step 2

interface interface

Enter interface configuration mode, and enter the port of the first port to be added to the group.

Step 3

port group 1 distribution destination

Assign the port to group 1 with destination-based forwarding.

Step 4

interface interface

Enter the second port to be added to the group.

Step 5

port group 1 distribution destination

Assign the port to group 1 with destination-based forwarding.

Step 6

end

Return to privileged EXEC mode.

Step 7

show running-config

Verify your entries.

Hi Pengke11,

would you think the etherchannel configuration would work.. ? I just looked at the technicial specification for the WIC-4ESW that we got here in the cisco 1712 (it does not support etherchannel). May be you look at the setup (attached to this message ) cisco1712-netflow-setup-over-vlan100.gif file.

Best Regards,

cturacci