cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Netflow on a Native IOS 6509 running 12.1(20)E2

mlipsey
Level 1
Level 1

I've got a native IOS 6509 running 12.1(20)E2 code that I would like to get netflow from on a layer 2 port.

Poor setup of the network dictates this need but if it can't be done I'll simply have to fix the network I guess (Painful)

Here is the config I have in place:

mls aging fast time 64 threshold 1

mls aging normal 32

mls flow ip interface-full

mls flow ipx destination

mls nde sender

ip flow-export version 5

ip flow-export destination <NDE> <port>

As I said; the port is a layer 2 port and in fact this Native IOS doesn't do any routing at all - just switching. But the port I need is the one that goes to our internet provider, previous Network Gump did this though I'm not quite sure why.

THANKS!

4 Replies 4

peter.nowack
Level 1
Level 1

Try the following command:

ip flow export layer2-switched

Maybe it helps ;o)

Peter

jeremy.reid
Level 1
Level 1

Cant remember if it displays in a show output or not, but it appears that you may be missing the global "mls netflow" statement. Without it, you'll only get flow data from routed ports.

-Jeremy

Appreciate the input but neither of those had any effect. The first suggestion was not an option and the second doesn't show up and is apparently the default.

-Mike

tchristian
Level 1
Level 1

OK, the trick here is you need to enable on both the router(MSFC) and the switch supervisor. Because you are running mls on that switch, Netflow needs to see the flow setup which hits the router before it passes the flow to mls. This link describes the config for both.

Good luck

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_configuration_example09186a0080721701.shtml#confios1

-tom

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: