Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

netflow - router time sync problem

Hi

i have configured router and netflow analyzer, but i receive "router time is not in sync" message. So i cannot obtain interfaces' descriptions or speed information.

there is a firewall between router and netflow pc. I am using NAT option for netflow pc. I configured firewall for port 9996 and there is no blocked packet between router and netflow. everything seems fine.

I checked configure options many times on both router and netflow every thing seems correct. ı beware time and timezone on both of them. But they are not synchronizing.

I also configured an other router and an other netflow (however there is not any firewall between them) and i dont have any problem on there.

My router which has sync problem with netflow is cisco 3700 series. I test both Netflow Analyzer 6.0 and 7.0 Beta. I dont find anything to correct problem. Is anybody have an idea

Thanks everyone

1 REPLY
Bronze

Re: netflow - router time sync problem

Did you configure NTP protocol on the collector and on your router? On the router you can configure ntp as master/referrence and on the collector you can use for example ntpdate utility with synchronization from router once per hour.

Jan Nejman

Caligare, Co.

http://www.caligare.com/

Views
Helpful
Replies