Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Netflow statistics on a dialer interface

I have a 837 ADSL router and it is configured to export netflow stats for the Ethernet0 and Dialer1 interfaces. I have enabled ingress & egress flow exporting but the dialer interface is confusing me slightly.

I have the following config (only the relevant bits):

interface Ethernet0

ip flow ingress

ip flow egress

ip route-cache flow

!

interface Dialer1

ip flow ingress

ip flow egress

ip route-cache flow

!

ip flow-export source Ethernet0

ip flow-export version 5

ip flow-export destination x.x.x.x 9876

On my Netflow receiver I am receiving stats for 3 interfaces - Ethernet0, Dialer1 and Virtual-Access2. Ethernet0 is working as expected and I am getting ingress and egress statistics. The Dialer1 interface is only exporting Outbound stats and the Virtual-Access2 interface is only exporting Inbound statistics.

I understand the relationship between the Dialer1 and Virtual-Access2 interfaces but I was expecting to receive inbound & outbound stats from the Dialer1 interface as opposed to them being split over the 2 logical interfaces.

I have been through the various commands and can see no way to get ingress & egress stats from the Dialer interface. Can it be done?

I have IOS 12.3(14)T6.

Andy

1 Reply 1

Does anyone have any clues on this as it is proving quite a pain. I cannot find any additional information on CCO. Other than raise a TAC case I am stumped...

Andy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: