Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Netflow statistics on a dialer interface

I have a 837 ADSL router and it is configured to export netflow stats for the Ethernet0 and Dialer1 interfaces. I have enabled ingress & egress flow exporting but the dialer interface is confusing me slightly.

I have the following config (only the relevant bits):

interface Ethernet0

ip flow ingress

ip flow egress

ip route-cache flow

!

interface Dialer1

ip flow ingress

ip flow egress

ip route-cache flow

!

ip flow-export source Ethernet0

ip flow-export version 5

ip flow-export destination x.x.x.x 9876

On my Netflow receiver I am receiving stats for 3 interfaces - Ethernet0, Dialer1 and Virtual-Access2. Ethernet0 is working as expected and I am getting ingress and egress statistics. The Dialer1 interface is only exporting Outbound stats and the Virtual-Access2 interface is only exporting Inbound statistics.

I understand the relationship between the Dialer1 and Virtual-Access2 interfaces but I was expecting to receive inbound & outbound stats from the Dialer1 interface as opposed to them being split over the 2 logical interfaces.

I have been through the various commands and can see no way to get ingress & egress stats from the Dialer interface. Can it be done?

I have IOS 12.3(14)T6.

Andy

• Network Management
1 REPLY

Re: Netflow statistics on a dialer interface

Does anyone have any clues on this as it is proving quite a pain. I cannot find any additional information on CCO. Other than raise a TAC case I am stumped...

Andy

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.