Views
Helpful
Replies

NETQOS

josephn
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Had anybody evaluated NetQos product to be used to collect and report on the Netflow ?

Any feedback is very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Joseph

3 Replies 3

GERARD PUOPLO
Level 1
Level 1

It's a good product. Two years ago I was instrumental in bringing it into State Street Corp to monitor 1000+ WAN interfaces and folks have been happy with it since. I left SSC recently and don't know if my only complaint is still valid. My only complaint was it didn't support version 9 of netFlow. I am not sure it that has been corrected now.

Jerry

Hi Jerry,

Thanks for sharing the information. I got few questions on the product :

1. How good is the reporting capability in regards to type of reports, interval, etc ?

2. Are there any issues with routers in regards to CPU ,etc when netflow being enabled on the interface ?

3. How does the pricing works with this product for example 1 interface = 1 unit licence ?

4. Do you have some technical papers

about this product ?

5. Any performance issue seen with the hardware when receiving too many netflow data or will there be any missing flows due to the hardware limitation ?

Thank you.

regards,

Joseph

Joe

1. The reports were very good.

2. There were NO issues with routers in regards to CPU ,etc.

3. At the time it was licensed per interface.

4. Best you get from NetQOS or Fluke any docs.

5. There were performance issues when at the time we started to direct LAN interface flows to the collectors. WAN netflow use was fine but LAN interfaces generated a greater amount of flow data. The solution was to get more collectors but for high speed LAN interfaces I am still questioning myself whether RMON or NetFLow.

Jerry

Jerry

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco