Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Network faliure error in selftest

Hi buddies,

we r using LMS 2.5 and when i strt self test through common service than it passes all test but network.pl gives error "Fail". and in description gives this error"network.pl

*** xxx.xxx.xxx.in can't find x.0.0.1: Non-existent domain

FAIL nslookup failed". Can anyone help me that wht can i do for get rid of this error.

thanx in advance

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Network faliure error in selftest

Chances are the failed address is 127.0.0.1 (i.e. localhost). This means that your DNS is not properly setup. If you're not using DNS, then run the following command:

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/bin/resolver.pl 127.0.0.1

If this command indicates that 127.0.0.1 resolves to localhost, then you're fine. If you cannot resolve 127.0.0.1 to localhost and vice versa, then this must be fixed. You must either make sure this mapping exists in DNS (both A and PTR records), or you must add an entry to the appropriate system hosts file.

Hi clark, exactly u r right that failed address is 127.0.0.1. AS i am using DNS also, so wht shld i do for remedy this error.How i will chk my mapping? In host file 127.0.0.1 is as a localhost. Plz help mee

Cisco Employee

If 127.0.0.1 is in your hosts file, then you can ignore the error in selftest. I cannot tell you how to fix your DNS since I do not know what DNS server you are using. All I can tell you is you need to add proper A and PTR records for 127.0.0.1 and localhost.

Views
Helpful
Replies