cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

Network monitoring and reporting tools

Hello

I my organization I have "pieces/parts - limited licenses to the following tools

Cisco Prime,

Solarwinds,

OpNet,

Fluke VPM

I have been asked to "make the best of these"!

Does anyone have experience with these and provide some guidance on how I can align/configure these tools to

provide a synergistic network monitoring tool?

sMc
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

What is the environment you

What is the environment you'rte monitoring comprised of? The answer to that guides your product selection.

An all-Cisco network is often better served by Cisco Prime Infrastructure and/or LMS (license included with PI).

SolarWinds NPM  is more multi-vendor and a bit easier to setup. There are about a dozen  piece of the SolarWinds solution however (NPM, NCM, NTA, VNQM, UDT, etc....) and the basic NPM doesn't do a lot of things you might want.

OpNet is powerful but, in my experience, requires one or more staff full time to leverage its capabilities.

Fluke VPM I don't know but they generally make great products.

2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

What is the environment you

What is the environment you'rte monitoring comprised of? The answer to that guides your product selection.

An all-Cisco network is often better served by Cisco Prime Infrastructure and/or LMS (license included with PI).

SolarWinds NPM  is more multi-vendor and a bit easier to setup. There are about a dozen  piece of the SolarWinds solution however (NPM, NCM, NTA, VNQM, UDT, etc....) and the basic NPM doesn't do a lot of things you might want.

OpNet is powerful but, in my experience, requires one or more staff full time to leverage its capabilities.

Fluke VPM I don't know but they generally make great products.

Marvin Thank you for the

Marvin

Thank you for the insight.

The tool I have were purchased with the less is better guidance. That is why we have so many different tools, each with limited licensing. I have to make do with what I have and I am just trying to "tie" them together to give myself and this team the most detailed/pertinent picture of this network.

Thanks again.

sMc
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content