Views
Helpful
Replies

new installation lms 2.5.1

n.steffen
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everybody!

Its possible make a fresh installation only with the CWLMS-DEC05URSR-K9 (Desc: Service Release Only; LMS 2.02.1 2.2 to 2.5.1 UR) kit ? thanks in advance...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You shouldn't be in NAG mode as it looks like you have a full license and not an upgrade license.

In order to test it, open up RME and see if you get a pop related to a 90 day eval version of the app.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

akemp
Level 5
Level 5

Yes and no. The yes part is that the software will install, the no part is that it'll be running in nag mode until you do the licence verification from the 2.2 CD's or a running licenced copy. You do realize that there are about a gigabyte of patches you'll need to install to bring it up to the current 2.6 version.

thanks, firstly. so i ordered a license file and install this. after then i go to common services > server > admin > licensing:

Name Version Size Status Expiration Date

1. CM 4.0 Unlimited Purchased Never

2. DFM 2.0 Unlimited Purchased Never

3. IPM 2.6 Unlimited Purchased Never

4. RME 4.0 Unlimited Purchased Never

my question: i am now in the nag mode or not?

this is ok, you got the installation form eval to a licensed one. But I think you still have to validate that you are using an upgrade version of the software. For this you have to run two scripts located in NMSROOT\bin

which are

validateupgrade

and dfmValidateUpgrade

You need a running installation of a previous LMS version OR the RME and DFM CDs from a previous version to validate that the upgrade software you purchased is correct.

Just execute these scripts and follow the instructions.

MArtin

You shouldn't be in NAG mode as it looks like you have a full license and not an upgrade license.

In order to test it, open up RME and see if you get a pop related to a 90 day eval version of the app.

many thanks for the answer!