Views
Helpful
Replies

New switches not showing up in the DCR

davepeat2
Level 1
Level 1

I am running CWLMS 3.0.1

We recently added several switches to the network, yet they don't show up int the DCR. They are not excluded, and they are sending traps to the LMS. I am not over my license number (yet). What else could be stopping them from showing up in the DCR?

8 Replies 8

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is this LMS server integrated with ACS?

No, it is not. I have some 230 switches that are in there, but the last few have not been discovered.

Okay, so are you adding the switches to DCR manually, or are you expecting Discovery to pick them up automatically?

I am expecting them to be picked up automatically. Other switches that are connected to them were discovered. They are in the same IP address range, same IOS version as other switches, etc.

Please post the NMSROOT/conf/csdiscovery/CSDiscovery-config.xml as well as the output of show run for an affected device. If you cannot post this information, then please open a TAC service request.

Under Device Discovery I show that 461 Total devices discovered, 255 reachable devices (which are mostly the switches I want to manage), and 206 unreachable devices. I am only licensed for 300. Is this the problem? If so, how do I get rid of the unreachable devices. The RME collection shows only 247 devices in Inventory. And DCR shows 279 devices.

License has nothing to do with this. DCR is unlicensed, and can support up to 50,000 devices. If devices are showing as unreachable, they must not be SNMP reachable using the community strings configured in Discovery.

I will check my SNMP community string.

Thanks again for all your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco