Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

NM-NAM Management in RME

I have currently managed my two NM-NAM modules in RME 4.0.4. However, when RME attempts to do a sync archive on the config of these two NAMs, it returns an authentication error for the telnet session to the device.

I have turned on the exsession for telnet, and tested this from my workstation.(I am able to telnet to the device). For the Username and Password that the NAMs are managed in Ciscoworks with is set correctly(root/rootpwd, also tested on my workstation).

What gives? When I do a Credential Verification Report it shows the Telnet as "incorrect" when it IS configured correctly. I have even tried to delete the NAMs and re add them, to no avail...

Any hints?

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: NM-NAM Management in RME

This could be bug-related (e.g. CSCsf03178 for the DCV problem). But before any conclusion is reached, debugs and sniffer traces need to be collected. Therefore, it would be a good idea for you to open a TAC Service Request for this, and provide a sniffer trace of the config archive or DCV operation.

hmm this seems like the problem...beecause when i telnet into the device, there is a long delay before the prompt appears(not AAA related, just the linux IOS-lookalike interface being slow)

no workaround? that really sucks...does anyone know how to get rid of the long delay?

Cisco Employee

If you open a TAC case, they can most likely provide you my patch for the DCV problem. However, this will be fixed in the upcoming LMS 2.6 release due out this month.

Of course, this bug ONLY affects DCV. The config archive problem should be fixed in RME 4.0.4. That is why I suggested you open a TAC Service Request as more debugging will be required.

Views
Helpful
Replies