cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No CDP neighbors informations for Sup720-3B

azeindler
Level 1
Level 1

I've two Cisco6513 Core Switches with different Supervisories. 1st SUP is a WS-SUP720-BASE and the 2nd one a WS-SUP720-3B. The Sup 3B doesn't see any neighbors. CDP is enabled and active on all interfaces.

Is Sup 3B to recent the see any cdp neighbors? Any idea?

8 Replies 8

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of code are you running on the Sup720-3B? On what ports are you expecting to see CDP neighbor information? Is CDP enabled on the devices connected to those ports?

SUP 720 Base 12.2(18)SXF4

SUP 720 3B 12.2(18)SXF4

2.+3.

Core Switch is attached on lots of distribution Switches. All uplink ports on cores and distribution have CDP enable.

I know of no bugs that would account for this behavior. If you enable "debug cdp packet" on this switch, what do you see? If the neighbor devices are sending CDP updates, the debug should show that. You might also try running this debug on one of the downstream devices to confirm that they are sending updates.

Additionally, what does the config look like for one pair of connected ports?

Ok, I know what you are thinking about. On both core switches (6513), on the CLI, I could see the CDP neighbors. Only in LMS/Campus Manager/Device Discovery or Device Center the CDP Neighbors are not present.

What version of Campus Manager do you have?

Latest LMS Verstion 2.6 with CM 4.0.7

First check to make sure that you are not excluding this switch in your Campus Manager Data Collection filters. If it is not being excluded, then either there is a problem finding this switch from others' CDP neighbor tables, or there is a problem reading this switch's CDP neighbor table. Check the Topology map to see if this switch is showing up. If not, work backwards from its neighbors, and try and see if there is any obvious problem with Campus Manager talking to one of the neighbors.

If you find nothing obvious, enable core and corex debugging under Campus Manager > Admin > Campus Data Collection > Debugging Options, and check the ani.log file for any relevant errors pertaining to this device or its neighbors.

Hi jclarke

The problem is solved. Our customer has made a redisign of his network begin jan 07. now suddenly, he saw all cdp neighbor information in campus manager. I think that some filters (acl) have been changed, so he get now the infos.

Thank you for your help

Kind regards