cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

no data collected in NAM reported

b.athanasiadis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi does anyone have any idea why host reports in NAM traffic Analyzer would be failing to collect data.

The data source is NDE.

Data for this host and NDE is being collected because it appears under 'monitoring' in the NAM traffic Analyzer

3 Replies 3

mchin345
Level 6
Level 6

On which port is the NAM spanned to the switch? What I am getting at is make sure that the SPAN configuration is correctly configured. If the SPAN is configured incorreclty then the NAM will not work and the output will show 0 packets captured.

This scenario may or may not apply to you...we moved our NAMs to a 6509 running CatOS to new a new 6509 running 12.2(18) IOS and I was told to upgrade the code to 3.4(1a) and I didn't see any packets captured either. Come to find out that the mini-RMON is turned off by default on this versio of NAM code. It took me a couple days to find out that I needed to go into Setup, switch parms, then enable mini-RMON. Hope this helps.

nicw
Level 1
Level 1

Have you enabled nde export on the CatOS? This can be disabled whenever you removed a destination.

Also, make sure you have vlans selected to include in the export. Doing a show mls nde will tell you if packets have been exported, to rule out any configuration issues

You'll need to type: mls nde enable

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: