cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No devices in Polling Parameters of DFM

swizzlestick
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, when I wanted to set my Polling Parameters, I couldn't select a device. there where none shown.

I imported the device from DCR, and however 1 is still in questioned state, which I think is because its cluster managed suite, all the other devices are known.

What could be the problem?

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

This is normal. You're not expected to see any devices here. Polling parameters are defined on a device group basis. If you want to adjust the polling parameters for only a subset of devices, you will need to configure one of the Customizable Groups for that.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of DFM are you using? Please provide a screenshot illustrating the problem you are seeing.

hi, I don't see any errors, I just see nothing

I've attached a screenshot

This is normal. You're not expected to see any devices here. Polling parameters are defined on a device group basis. If you want to adjust the polling parameters for only a subset of devices, you will need to configure one of the Customizable Groups for that.

do you mean under Configuration > other configurations > Group administration.

When I edit a customizable groups > customizable group 1

I still cannot see anything

That is the correct location. You still will not see devices in the Polling Parameters group selector. As I said, you will only see groups there.

If you want to see the devices that are part of that group, select the device group, then click the View button. You will see a list of devices along with their current polling parameters in the resulting pop-up window.

You're right, thank you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco