Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

No LMS processes/License Server

I've performed a fresh install of LMS 3.2 on to Server 2008 R1.

No processes are showing and in CS, under products installed I see the message for all products installed "unable to retreive (license server is down)"

This appears to be a botched install, but I dont know what could've caused this. Any ideas?

See attached screenshots

4 REPLIES

Re: No LMS processes/License Server

when installing LMS 3.2 on win2k8 you should consider the following  issues mentioned in these threads:

manual setting of swap space:
https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/680507#680507

registry  keys may need to be manually set (BugID CSCtb17186)
https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/1328649#1328649

also set the temp and tmp variable for the system and administrator account to something short (like C:\tmp) and install the software when logged in as the LOCAL administrator;

The software was installed as local admin.

Since reading your reply, i modified both the admin and system temp and tmp variables as suggested. Also modified the page file to 16000

Please see and review the attached install file.

I would recommend to uninstall LMS and install it again with the before mentioned prerequisites (check the registry keys!)

I see some ERROR messages in the log file belonging to the databases along with RMEPSUAdapter failures and I would not proceed with this installation. The savest way would be to reinstall LMS.

from the log file:

#########################################

===================- Possible Warnings/Errors Encountered -===================

Warning: Current swap space is less than the minimum requirement. This may affect performance.

WARNING: Domain Name is not found from TcpIp parameters,certificate will be generated with the HostName

WARNING: Domain Name is not found from TcpIp parameters, setting PX_FQDN same as PX_HOST

ERROR: Failed to authenticate [opsxml] database.

ERROR: Failed to Start Database 'opsxml' because: Database engine 'opsxmlEng' could not be started on database 'opsxml' in Bulk mode

ERROR: Failed to start database engine for database 'opsxml'

ERROR: Failed change password for database 'opsxml'.

ERROR: Failed to authenticate [rmeng] database.

ERROR: Failed to Start Database 'rmeng' because: Database engine 'rmengEng' could not be started on database 'rmengdb' in Bulk mode.

ERROR: Failed to start database engine for database 'rmeng'

ERROR: Failed change password for database 'rmeng'.

ERROR: Failed to authenticate [rmeng] database.

ERROR: Failed to authenticate [ipm] database.

ERROR: Failed to Start Database 'ipm' because: Database engine 'ipmEng' could not be started on database 'ipm' in Bulk mode.

ERROR: Failed to start database engine for database 'ipm'

ERROR: Failed change password for database 'ipm'.

ERROR: Failed to Start Database 'ipm' because: Database engine 'ipmEng' could not be started on database 'ipm' in Bulk mode.

ERROR: Failed to authenticate [upm] database.

ERROR: Failed to Start Database 'upm' because: Database engine 'UPMDbEngine' could not be started on database 'upm' in Bulk mode.

ERROR: Failed to start database engine for database 'upm'

ERROR: Failed change password for database 'upm'.

INFO: User Selected to Reboot the Machine

Installation Completed at 21:05:19 ,Wed 03/24/2010  ,Central Standard Time

==============================================================================

and also this one:

line 5395 com.cisco.nm.xms.psu.interfaces.adapter.AdapterException: Failed to Initialize RMEPSUAdapter

#########################################

OK.

Thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies