Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

No MIB for Nexus port config characteristics?

I looked through all the MIBs supported on Nexus 7K and could not find an object that would tell me if an Ethernet interface is configured to allow auto-negotiation or not.

So I did a test: on the NX-OS command line, I did an snmpwalk starting from "iso", saved the result to file-1.

Then I configured one interface, say Eth2/32, from speed "auto" to 10G. Ran the above command again and saved the result to file-2.

After that, I extracted all the lines in the two files about interface 2/32 using its ifIndex, diff'ed the results and found no difference except for in/out traffic counters.

Does this mean that NX-OS has no SNMP support for stuff like that?

Have I missed something in my experiement?

Is this an indication of Cisco's moving from SNMP to XML based device management?

Details: I run SNMP v2c. The Nexus box is:

Software

BIOS:      version 3.22.0

kickstart: version 5.1(4)

system:    version 5.1(4)

BIOS compile time:       02/20/10

kickstart image file is: bootflash:///n7000-s1-kickstart.5.1.4.bin

kickstart compile time:  12/25/2020 12:00:00 [06/28/2011 23:28:40]

system image file is:    bootflash:///n7000-s1-dk9.5.1.4.bin

system compile time:     5/31/2011 18:00:00 [06/29/2011 00:19:13]

Thanks and regards,

--

Wei Wang

Everyone's tags (5)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Blue

Re: No MIB for Nexus port config characteristics?

Yeah, but those didn't give me “a-half” or “a-full” like one would get on the IOS CLI, only “half, full, disagree, or auto”. IIRC, the cat6k's I dealt with didn't support MAU-MIB, nor a third candidate MIB I came across--ETHERLIKE-MIB.

3 REPLIES
Blue

You mean it's possible to get auto- vs non-auto from SNMP OIDs for non-Nexus, such as IOS)? I couldn't find any when I tried to come up with a similar report for a bunch of cat6k's.

Cat-6K's support the CISCO-STACK-MIB, which has "CISCO-STACK-MIB::portAdminSpeed".

I haven't looked at VSS -- The Cat-6K MIB page has a note saying "Not supported in VSS mode" next to the CISCO-STACK-MIB. Maybe you will have to look at "MAU-MIB::ifMauAutoNegAdminStatus" there.

Blue

Re: No MIB for Nexus port config characteristics?

Yeah, but those didn't give me “a-half” or “a-full” like one would get on the IOS CLI, only “half, full, disagree, or auto”. IIRC, the cat6k's I dealt with didn't support MAU-MIB, nor a third candidate MIB I came across--ETHERLIKE-MIB.

Views
Helpful
Replies