Views
Helpful
Replies

no syslog message appear at Ciscoworks syslog report

jackson.ku
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

We just installed new Ciscoworks LMS 3.2, and sent all switches syslog message to this Ciscoworks LMS 3.2 and old Ciscoworks LMS 2.5 server.

Old Ciscowork LMS 2.5 server can receive syslog message and syslog appear at old LMS 2.5 syslog report, but no syslog appear at new LMS 3.2 syslog report for some devices. I checked syslog collector, it seems ok, I used WireShark to check the new Ciscoworks LMS 3.2 server have received syslog message sent from device, and only use default syslog filter at new Ciscoworks LMS 3.2 server.

Please help to advice me how to troubleshooting this problem.

Best Regards,

Jackson Ku

6 Replies 6

Svetlana Radzevich
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is your collector subscribed? You could verify this under RME -> Tools -> Syslog -> Syslog Collector Status. Please post the screen shoot of this page.

Do you see the syslog messages in syslog.log/syslog_info file on the server?

Hi,

Yes, The collector was subscribed. I can see syslog message at syslog.log file. I will upload some Ciscoworks log files for reference.

Best Regards,

Jackson Ku

Please post a screen shoot of the collector status and

C:/PROGRA~2/CSCOpx\MDC\tomcat\webapps\rme\WEB-INF\classes\com\cisco\nm\rmeng\csc\data\Collector.properties

Hi,

FYI.

Thanks a lot.

Jackson

Hi,

Please help to advise me to resolve this problem.

Best Regards,

Jackson Ku

Hi Svetlana,

Please advise me to resolve this problem.

Best Regards,

Jackson Ku

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: