cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No user names in user tracking

uwic2
Level 1
Level 1

I'm not seeing any user names in Campus User Tracking? I'm seeing everything elase.

Do I need to tick a check box somewhere?

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes. You need to enable username acquisition under Campus Manager > Admin > User Tracking > Acquisition. Check the desired boxes for UNIX and Windows usernames.

For Windows end hosts, you must follow the instructions for installing the UTLite program on each client. Those instructions can be found in the Campus Manager online help. Search for UTLite.

What about *nix machines? I'm using CM 5.1.1 and I've checked the box for Unix machines but am not getting the usernames. Online documentation says I need my Unix guys to enable rusersd on those boxes, but they say this is too much of a security vulnerability. Is there another way to pull username info from *nix boxes for UT?

--Jeff

No, UNIX usernames can only be fetched via rusersd.

Ok, thanks much for the clarification. I may have to go without these usernames, unfortunately. Our *nix team had turned off r* daemons on advice of Cisco during a security audit. Maybe someone can come up with a better way to pull this info in the future.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: