cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NOC question

omgjames1
Level 1
Level 1

I am in the process of building a NOC for a global company and I would like some ideas as to what kind of software to run on it. I have 4 monitors connected to one PC running Windows 7 and I also have vmware server installed on it to run Linux apps as well.

6 Replies 6

burleyman
Level 8
Level 8

We have a global NOC with 8 monitors and have some bells and whistle type things along with some actually usefull information. It would kind of matter what you plan on using it for....actual monitoring or managment fluff or both. If it is for strickly monitoring I would pick your most business imapcted and show that if you can and go from there. We have a world map with dots for all our cities...don't mess with my dots....We also have real time, well close to real time, bandwidth utilization for all our WAN MPLS links to all our cities. We also have a monitoring tool for exchange that shows some stats in real time. We also have some VoIP stats posted such as calls in progress. We have cameras in our datacenters and have those live on a monitor. We have a cable news channel on one.

Hope that helps...

Mike

Can you tell me what use for real time monitoring? We too have many MPLS connections, Exchange...

We use solarwinds to monitor our 32 MPLS circuits. We use Zenprize for our exchange enviroment and it monitors mail flow and latency. For VoIP we use call manager.

Mike

Can you tell me what flavor of Solarwinds you are using?

Also can you please tell me how you are using CCM to monitor calls? RTM?

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you....was out of office and then playing catch up....

We are using SolarWinds Engineering Edition - Network Performance Monitor. Ver 8.2

For Call Manger we are using Real time Monitoring tool for Cisco Unified Communications Solutions.

Hope this helps.

Mike

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: