Views
Helpful
Replies

Node Device type "Unknown" in LMS3.2.1

comsameer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

I have added 2900 series devices in LMS3.2.1 but same are showing "unknown"device Type in a report generated from common services DCR device List.

Both are snmpenabled and responding too.

Please let me know what is the reason behind unknown device type so those are not reflecting in any module

36.N007010101CRRUNKNOWN
37.N007010103CRRCisco 2921 Integrated Services Router
38.N007010201ASRUNKNOWN

with regards,

Neena

7 Replies 7

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

A device will be in a known state automatically once it is successful for invenotry, either via RME or DFM.

PLease check if the device exist in RME and you can do a invenotry collection for this device. Some essentials to check before this are:

> Device is configured for snmp

> SNMP Crendentials are properly configured in LMS

> device respnds to ciscoworks for snmpwalk (you can check it from ciscoworks device centre tools)

> share the inventory failure details (error, secreeshots and logs)

-Thanks

Vinod

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

Hi Vinod,

Thanks for reply.

Same is not reflecting anywhere. I exported the list of devices from common services.

and all prerequisites are working fine. The device is not reflecting in device center so unable to check snmpwalk.

with regards,

Nenea

As requested try to run inventory job from RME on one of the unknown device and share the results.

-Thanks

Hi Vinod,

I dont understand how to run inventory job on these devices as those are not reflecting injob creation window. Please find attached screenshot.

There are no devices by name  N007010101CRR, N007010201ASR. Please suggest any other way to do the same.

with regards,

Neena

When a device is added to LMS/DCR ideally it should be distributed across modules. Please check RME admin setting for device management if the device is in auto sync mode or not.

Auto sync mode syncs constant with DCR and adds/removes any device which is added/removed from DCR. If it is in manual mode you will see the option for the device to be added.

If already in auto mode, try to use the Manage by group option and select all groups and apply and see if the next window shows some missing devices?

-Thanks

Vinod

Hi Vinod,

Sorry for delayed response.

But fortunately I seen both devices managed in LMS. It happend suddenly without making any changes.

Thanks for suport.

with regards,

Neena

Thats a wonderful news. May be the delay in the sync happened at its own pace and the devices transitioned to Inventory successfully.

You may close this thread, as this issue is resolved.

-Thanks

Vinod

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: