Level 1
Level 1

Is there anyway way i can monitor my 3com swicthes via cisco works

or any options to integrate with 3com network director

7 Replies 7

nhabib
Level 9
Level 9

Unfortunately the answer is no. CiscoWorks is designed for Cisco devices only.

NSG_POLARIS
Level 1
Level 1

As CDP works @ layer 2 with connected cisco devices it won't know 3com switch.Further for user tracking to resolve end user name and ip address the gateway of your network should be of cisco's device.

Hence no u can't monitor 3com switches via cisco works.

You may install those network management software, e.g. solarwinds, snmpc to poll the SNMP enabled device for the interface status.

However, you should use 3com NM software to inteegrate to the NM platform, and Ciscoworks also integrate to the NM platform. If it is Cisco device, trigger the Ciscoworks for management; if it is 3Com device, trigger the 3COM NM software from NM platform.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your reply folks..

I am using Cisco works to manage Cisco devices and 3com network director to manage 3com devices.

My management is asking me to have single topological network diagram. Which I don?t think so it is possible with Cisco works and 3com network director. I have 250 + Cisco devices and 100+ 3com devices

For such large scale of network. I believe you have a SNMP platform (e.g. HPOV, Solarwinds, SNMPc, etc.) to manage the network topology. It should able to provide a single network diagram to include all devices.

The Ciscoworks & Director are only used to manage such specific brand. Right ?

You won't be able to manage the non-Cisco devices in CiscoWorks. You'll need to look at one of the alternatives mentioned above if you need to use a single management platform/application.

johnh22us
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, not sure if this helps but I've been using ANM from this company www.sphere.ae for about 4 months now and working for me.

They've told me that there is an upgrade due out soon.