Views
Helpful
Replies

nonpaged pool always empty and ciscoworks server hang

ly633
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

recently our ciscoworks 2.6 windows2000 server always encounter a problem the nonpaged memory is empty then the server hang, must rebbot. According to server admin, the nonpage memory is occupied by afd.sys, which is started by tomcat, who know how to fix it ? Thanks in advance.

BTW, the admin also said the problem is by below command:

JAVA command line:

java -Xbootclasspath:D:\CSCOpx\www\classpath\vbjorb.jar;D:\CSCOpx\MDC\jre\lib\rt.jar;D:\CSCOpx\MDC\jre\lib\i18n.jar -Xminf0.1 -Xmaxf0.1 -Djava.class.path=D:\CSCOpx\campus\www\classpath\jndi.jar;D:\CSCOpx\campus\www\classpath\providerutil.jar;D:\CSCOpx\campus\www\classpath\dns.jar;D:\CSCOpx\campus\lib\classpath;D:\CSCOpx\campus\www\classpath;D:\CSCOpx\lib\classpath;D:\CSCOpx\www\classpath;D:\CSCOpx\lib\classpath\servlet.jar;D:\CSCOpx\MDC\jre\lib\ext\jsse.jar;D:\CSCOpx\MDC\jre\lib\ext\jcert.jar;D:\CSCOpx\MDC\jre\lib\ext\jnet.jar;D:\CSCOpx\MDC\jre\lib\ext\store.jar;D:\CSCOpx\MDC\tomcat\webapps\campus\WEB-INF\lib\log4j.jar;D:\CSCOpx\MDC\tomcat\webapps\campus\WEB-INF\lib\ctm.jar;D:\CSCOpx\MDC\tomcat\shared\lib\xerces.jar;D:\CSCOpx\MDC\tomcat\shared\lib\MICE.jar;D:\CSCOpx\MDC\tomcat\shared\lib\NATIVE.jar -Djava.library.path=D:\CSCOpx\bin;D:\CSCOpx\campus\bin;D:\CSCOpx\MDC\bin -Dvbroker.orb.gcTimeout=90 -Xrs -Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=64m com.cisco.nm.ani.server.vmpsadmin.UTMajorDiscovery

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Tomcat and UTMajorDiscovery have nothing to do with each other. An exhaustion of non-paged memory by afd.sys typically involves heavy network usage. If this were LMS 3.0, I'd suspect a problem with DFM. Since this is 2.6, I wonder if there isn't something else going on on your system (e.g. a virus), or if your system is not just under-powered. I haven't heard of any other 2.6 customers complaining of this.

What Windows 2000 service pack do you have loaded on this server? How many devices are you managing? How much memory and swap is configured on this server?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: