Views
Helpful
Replies

Not able to discover 4000 , 3750 and 2960 switchesin LMS3.1

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I am facing issues in LMS while trying to discover 4000,3750 and 2960 switches.

When I try to discover these devices in server configuration>discovery settings then i get an error ANI Server not started.

But when i check the status of ANI Server it is ok.It is up and working.

I can only see 2950 series switches.

Also I can see all 4000,3750,2960 and 2950 swwitches in Cisco View.

Kindly suggest an appropriate solution.

The switches and the CW server are in the same subnet.

Regards

Ajay

13 Replies 13

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In LMS 3.1, ANI has nothing to do with Discovery. Please post screenshots illustrating what you are doing, and the various errors you are seeing.

Not applicable

Hi ,

I am a working on CW for the 1st time.Yesterday was my first encounter with CW.

I can only see 2950 switches in topology services and the rest of the switches are not seen in the UNDISCOVERED DEVICES also.

Can u just guide me how to add the 4000,3750 and 2960 switches in CW for monitoring purpose and help me out in discovering the objects.

Regards

Ajay

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Devices can be manually added to CiscoWorks under Common Services > Device and Credentials > Device Management. Once the device is in the Device Credentials Repository, start a new Campus Data Collection so that Campus Manager will start managing the new devices. This can be done from the Campus Manager Homepage under Campus Manager > Home.

Not applicable

Hi,

Where can i find common services in CW

Kindly help

I can just see

server configuration

device manager

campus configuration

management connection

Regards

Ajay

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It sounds like you have a very old, version of CiscoWorks. Unfortunately, this version is no longer supported. You will need to upgrade to CiscoWorks LMS 2.6, 3.0, or 3.1. A 90-day evaluation version of CiscoWorks LMS 3.1 is available for download from http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/cscowork/ps2425/index.html .

Not applicable

Mr Clarke,

Today i have done something in CW and seen some results.

1)I discovered total 93 devices which were shown in discovery metric.

But there is one problem

4000 and 3750 switches are discovered but their lable is not seen in the discovery metric.(Screen shot is attached)

2)While trying to open topology service it goes in the hang state(Screen shot is attached)

Sometimes it shows that topology service is already running when i try to open the topology service.

Kindly suggest .I have attached the screen shots for ur reference.

Regards

Ajay

Not applicable

Not applicable

Not applicable

Not applicable

Not applicable

Not applicable

Not applicable

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: