Views
Helpful
Replies

OID for ISDN not recognised

rickd12345
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to monitor the d channel of an isdn wic and have found the following OID in the CISCO-ISDN-MIB :

demandNbrPhysIf 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.26.1.1.1.1.1

This would seem ideal but when I enter the details in to our monitoring application (IPCheck) it says there is no such name.

SNMP has been set up correctly on the router and application so I dont understand what the problem could be.

I have 1 wic-1b installed in a 2620xm.

Can someone confirm that this OID should work with this set up or am I way off with what I thinking ?

Also, I am planning to move the isdn card in to a device (Cisco3640) which already has a PRI ISDN30 installed. In this instance, assuming I can get the OID working how do I specify / know which of the D channels will be monitored. Ideally I would want to monitor both....

Any ideas greatly appreciated,

thanks

Richard

3 Replies 3

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The object demandNbrPhysIf is not-accessible so this is why its coming back as no such name.

If you are looking for info on the D channel have you looked at the CISCO-POP-MGMT-MIB which has objects like cpmISDNCfgActiveDChannels.

Are there specifics you are looking for or just overall monitoring of D channel?

Thanks for the reply,

I am only looking at checking the status of the isdn lines i.e. up or down. I am not interested in any specific data.

I will have a look at the OID you suggested...

You might also want to look at callActiveGroup from the DIAL-CONTROL-MIB

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: